Monday, July 20, 2009

Travel Envy...

The fact that the most exciting thing in my life right now is being able to have the luxury to flick between Triple J and FBI while I'm driving in the car (I have an ancient stereo in my room that doesn't have presets and takes a hundred years to swap between stations) really screams LOSER DO SOMETHING EXCITING WITH YOURSELF!

It seems everywhere I look (ok, not everywhere just Facebook) I am being accosted with images of people having The Times of Their Lives as they frolic in the European sunshine. I know this isn't helped with the current Post Break-Up Syndrome (a general distaste towards pretty much everything) I have contracted or the fact that Heartbreak Scorsese* (that is what we shall be referring to him as from now on) is currently on a spontaneous trip to an exotic, seaside, European country that will no doubt be polluted with millions of large breasted, nude women. So please understand that my bitterness is at an all time high and I need to vent. I think I should change my diagnosis from "no-one-in-the-world-is-allowed-to-be-happy-while-i-wallow-syndrome" to "how-dare-anyone-have-any-kind-of-fun-especially-overseas-while-I-wallow-syndrome." Jess you are exempt from my scorn, I hope you're having a ball. See, I'm not that bitter.

I really should shut my whinge hole and be getting excited that it's only FOUR SLEEPS TILL
BYRON and thus FIVE SLEEPS TILL SPLENDOUR IN THE GRASS. I am planning to dance my Cons to oblivion! If one thing all these beautiful Facebook photos of friends travelling has taught me is that I think my next, non-existent trip will most definitely have to be in a hot climate. Nothing is easier than packing cute bikinis and summer frocks and it’s always a bonus to come home with a fresh, sun kissed face and a new set of freckles for the collection – hello melanoma!

Unfortunately there is no instant cure for Travel Envy. Maybe I should just gauge my eyes out and stop torturing myself by browsing through others' happy snaps. Or maybe, just maybe I should jump on a plane and have my very own adventure at an exotic, seaside, European location and cavort about with gorgeous, muscley, yet strangely similar looking to Scott Dooley type foreigners.

*Snob Scrilla – Heartbreak Scorsese:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtnMoAyaHTE

( Photo: BFF's Dools and Bella share a cuddle)

No comments:

Post a Comment