Monday, June 29, 2009

The Jobs We Do To Get Out of Here!

You may have noticed that I have been a little slack with uploading blogs over the last few weeks. Between filing murder cases at the Supreme Court, babysitting and setting up parties I have had little time to sit down in front of the the computer, let alone clean my bomb of a room. 

According to my sister I become 'extremely selfish' and turn into a 'mega-tightass' in the months leading up to my departure date. My bedroom is located very close to hers and apparently the smell of my room 'affects (her) time in the house.' Pretty disgusting hey! 

So what exactly am I doing that is keeping me from  going out on Saturday nights and preventing me from sleeping on clean sheets? - Whoops, I can't remember when I last washed them. 

Last Friday and Saturday, I worked all day setting up a Jewish wedding in the wealthy suburb of Toorak. My job was to decorate the chuppah, a marriage canopy, where the couple exchange their vowels. As the family had paid a lot of money, our company had to make sure the house looked more than fantastic and 'better than any other wedding' that we had done before!

Right, time to work. For two days I tied fishing wire around the tops of jam jars, popped in a tea-light candle then shakily stood on a ladder and with more fishing wire, tied the jars the to roof of the chuppah. I drew blood a couple of times from stabbing myself with the wire and I think the muscles in my arms buffed up from reaching up and tieing the hundreds of jars.

After two days under the chuppah, it was then time to rush off the babysitting for three little boys. By this stage of the weekend, my eyes were losing their sense of soul but at least the three terrors I was babysiting were undeniably adorable. 

I watched Scooby-Doo with them then searched around the house for an more age-appropriate DVD for after they had totted off to bed - Don't get me wrong though, I do love a bit of Scoobs but I definitely appreciated Heath Ledger in Two Hands more, I am actually in love! 

I have two weeks until I leave and some of my jobs are drying up a bit, so I am on the search for more files to file, more babies to sit on and more chuppahs to decorate! 

With Love,

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment